12-night Adventure to Antarctica - Highlights of the Frozen Continent Cruise
||Hurtigruten Voyages of Exploration
|| MS Midnatsol
|Number of Nights:
- Hurtigruten expedition voyage in the cabin category of your choice on a full-board basis (daily buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, and set or buffet dinner)
- One overnight hotel stay in Buenos Aires, including breakfast, before the voyage
- Transfer from hotel to airport in Bueons Aires
- Economy-class flights between Buenos Aires and Ushuaia
- Transfers in Ushuaia, including an orientation tour
- Wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Landings with small boats and activities on board and ashore
- Professional English-speaking expedition team that gives lectures and accompanies landings and activities
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary use of Muck Boot rubber boots
It is not common practice to tip on Hurtigruten ships on the coastal voyage, but if a guest feels that crew members should be rewarded for providing exceptional service, tip boxes and envelopes can be found in the restaurant.
- Conference Room/Conference Center
- Internet Café There is an internet café onboard. Wireless access is available in most public areas for use with guests' laptops or mobile devices. Please note that the bandwidth is narrow and reception intermittent.
- Educational/Enrichment Programs As a part of Hurtigruten’s seasonal product concepts, they offer some interesting onboard activities, demonstrations, and presentations during the voyages. The activities, which take place both inside the vessels and outside on deck, have relevance to the season they are sailing in. It is up to the guest to join and the activities will be announced in the day-to-day programs or announced on board.
- Evening Entertainment The emphasis on board is on relaxation and getting away from the commercial entertainment which is so often a part of conventional cruises. Hurtigruten's aim is to get closer to unique environments and share the experience with fellow passengers.
- Boutique(s) (duty-free) There is an onboard shop selling souvenirs, knitwear, books, postcards, postage stamps, and a limited supply of toiletries.
- Communications Private mobile telephones may be used on board although reception may vary. Check with your provider for costs when using your phone abroad.
- Self-Service Laundromat Laundry rooms with washing machines, dryers, and irons are available onboard. Tokens can be purchased at reception.
- Fitness Room
- Café/Coffee Bar Hot and cold drinks and snacks may be purchased in the cafeteria, usually open 24 hours a day. During the winter, times are advised on board.
- Meals Onboard All onboard meals are comprised of Norwegian cuisine. The usual meals and seating times are as follows:
- Breakfast - Open seating from 7:30am to 10am
- Buffet style with a selection of cold meats, cheese, eggs, cereals and fruit.
- Lunch - Open seating from Noon/1pm
- Lunch is the famous cold table with a choice of fish dishes, cold meats, salads, a selection of hot dishes, desserts and fruit. Occasionally a cold table may be served.
- Dinner - Assigned seating from 6:30pm/7pm
- Dinner is a three-course set meal, please note there is not usually a choice of menu. Occasionally a cold table may be served.
On the evening of departure day from Bergen a buffet dinner with open seating is served. Table assignment information for the remainder of the voyage can be found in the information envelope provided at check-in. During busy periods, there may be two seatings, and times will be shown on board. Full board begins with a buffet dinner on departure from Bergen and ends with brunch on the arrival day back in Bergen.
All vessels are fully licensed and prices on board are the same as in mainland Norway.
Please note that tap water is not available in the restaurant, although still and sparkling mineral water - as well as soft drinks, wine and coffee/tea - is available for purchase. Tap water is available in the café and the bar area. Wine packages are also available for purchase and include one bottle of the ship’s purified water every day.
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.